Leisure Equipment Hirers
Please contact our specialist Leisure team who will be delighted to assist with your enquiry.
We strive to provide insurance, and to articulate our knowledge of the risks within this sector, to best assist our brokers and their clients.
Considerations for brokers and their clients may include:
- Proposers must comply with BS EN 14960 (Inflatable play equipment safety requirements and test method)
- A PIPA (Pertexa Inflatable Play Equipment) tag and certification should apply to all qualifying equipment
- Inspection and certification by ADIPS (Amusement Device Inspection Procedures Scheme) may be applicable:- typically to mechanical equipment
- Property damage cover must include cover away from the policyholder’s premises and outside of their control, given the hiring out role of the proposer. Some commercial combined and non bespoke policies may not provide adequate cover.
- Given the potentially high risk nature of leisure equipment, policy terms are, accross most insurers, very firm with a greater than usual number of important conditions that must be complied with.
Our risk appetite includes:
- Hiring Out of leisure equipment - NOT hiring in.
- Bouncy Castles
- Children's rides
- Soft Play Areas
- Crazy / Mini Golf
- Pedal Karts
- Sumo Suits
- Laser Quest
- A range of other equipment
- Minimum Premium £100 plus Insurance Premium Tax, although varies by trade/activity.