This product provides for bespoke underwriting of contractor risks which fall outside of our more specific contractor schemes.
Limited To Approved Brokers Only
This product is not available to all brokers with a Camberford Underwriting agency. Due to the potential for high and diverse volume, we restrict availability to those brokers providing good quality risk profiles within our target trades; and who work with us to achieve reasonable conversion levels.
Please contact our team if you would like access to this product. We’ll want to understand potential volume and risk profiles - there is no minimum requirement by way of volume; rather a commitment to quality of enquiry and mutually effective working relationship.
Please note that submissions from brokers without approval, will not be prioritised.
Our risk appetite includes:
- A range of trades, our focus being on demonstrably well managed contractors (whether sole traders or large companies), including:
- Bathroom and Kitchen Fitters
- Blind and Curtain Fitters
- Carpenters and Joiners
- Doors and Shutters Installation and Locksmiths
- Drain Cleaners
- Facilities Management
- Painters and Decorators
- Paving and Surfacing
- Pest Control
- Plant Hirers
- Shop and Office Fitters
- Stone Masons
- Separate specific schemes:
For the following trades, please enquire using our more specific products:
- Cleaning Contractors and Support Services
- Electrical Industry
- Flooring Contractors
- Heating and Ventilation
- Lift Engineers
- Security Alarm Installers
- Security - Manned Guarding and Door Supervisors
- Tree Surgeons and Arboriculture
- Target Risk Size
- Our focus is on proposer/risk quality rather than the size of risk or broker account.
- We are as happy to consider simple per capita risks, or portfolios, as we are looking at complex, large and diverse companies.
- Examples of risk profiles which are OUTSIDE of our appetite
- Adverse financials or financial history
- Basement or swimming pool construction/installation
- Frequency of claims
- Roofers or Scaffolders
- Work in Southern Ireland