Sports and Social Club
Please contact our specialist Leisure team who will be delighted to assist with your enquiry.
The scheme has been established for over 15 years and we continue to strive to provide insurance, and to articulate our knowledge of the risks within this sector, to best assist our brokers and their clients.
Considerations for brokers and their clients may include:
Our risk appetite includes:
- Adequacy of rebuilding costs. This is a key area for broker and property owners, with 'average' clauses still often applied to claims by Insurers
- Full scope of activities and services (sports, private functions, dance floor, dj’s, door staff, pyrotechnics etc) should be considered
- Construction of all buildings (and parts thereof) varies greatly by location. For example, increased risks from wooden structres are well known; less so is that flat felt roofs are not just a water damage risk, they have been known to be peeled back for intruder access
- Live in caretakers or managers greatly improves risk.
- Intruder alarm adequacy. Attractive stock should be contained within alarm protected areas
- Member to member / participant to participant cover may be wanted or required
- A sporting risk might be covered by a separate ‘association’ policy, for example the RFU
- H&S, risk assessment and risk management should be up to date, effective and documented
- Kitchen area cleaning quality and frequency, and any presence of fire detection/suppression systems, prevent and mitigate losses
- All statutory and ‘best practice’ inspection and maintenance programmes should be in place and followed
- Damage to sporting surfaces may be wanted or required
- Damage to property in the open, for example floodlights, may be required.
- Social Clubs
- Amateur Sports Clubs including: Cricket, Football, Tennis, Rugby and Hockey
- Golf clubs (excluding contingency covers, for example ‘hole in one’)
- Public or members swimming pools
- Individual location exposures up to £10,000,000
- We can provide a rebuilding cost calculation service for certainty
- Minimum Premium £500 plus Insurance Premium Tax
File Size: 1.5MB