Hotel and Guest House
Please contact our specialist Leisure team who will be delighted to assist with your enquiry.
The scheme has been established for over 15 years and we continue to strive to provide insurance, and to articulate our knowledge of the risks within this sector, to best assist our brokers and their clients.
Considerations for brokers and their clients may include:
Our risk appetite includes:
- Adequacy of rebuilding costs. This is a key area for broker and property owners with 'average' clauses still often applied to claims by Insurers
- Construction and fire separation within the building. Concrete floors and stairs or a particular layout of buildings can improve risk and reduce premium levels
- H&S, risk assessment and risk management should be up to date, effective and documented
- Full scope of activities and services must be considered. For example, private events with dance floors and/or door supervisors.
- Fire detection and suppression in kitchen areas can significantly imporve and mitigate fire losses
- Exposure to high profile guests must be declared to insurers, and should trigger consideration of higher public liability limits
- 24/7 waking staff presence or resident managers or employees are a very positive risk feature and can reduce premium
- All statutory and ‘best practice’ inspection and maintenance programmes should be in place
- Guest Houses
- Individual location exposures up to £20,000,000
- We can provide a rebuilding cost calculation service for certainty
- Minimum Premium £400 plus Insurance Premium Tax
File Size: 2.8MB