Nightclubs and Late Bars
Please contact our specialist Electrical Contractors team who will be delighted to assist with your enquiry.
The scheme has been established for over 20 years and we continue to strive to provide insurance, and to articulate our knowledge of the risks within this sector, to best assist our brokers and their clients.
Considerations for brokers and their clients may include:
Our risk appetite includes:
- Adequacy of rebuilding costs. This is a key area for broker and property owners with 'average' clauses still often applied to claims by Insurers
- Full nature of activities (private functions, dance floor, dj’s, door staff, pyrotechnics, inflatables, foam events etc) should be considered
- Other occupancy within the same building can prevent risks which shouldn't be overlooked
- Basement areas can present an increased risk of flooding
- Intruder alarm adequacy. Attractive stock should be stored within an alarm protected area
- H&S, risk assessment and risk management should be up to date, effective and documented. For example inspections and cleaning of spillages, collection of glasses, inspection of smoking areas prevents accidents and, when documented, can help defend third party liability claims
- Stairs and steps should be clearly marked and with handrails on both sides
- Fire detection and suppression in kitchen areas significantly improves risk
- Exposure to high profile guests must be declared to insurers, and should trigger consideration of higher public liability limits
- Door supervisors can be directly employed or agency engaged. It is important to help underwriters understand who directs, supervises or controls door supervisors, even if agency provided. Case law is very complex in this area and knowledge and good practices help reduce risk
- Late night bars
- Wine bars
- Private members clubs
- Individual location exposures up to £10,000,000
- We can provide a rebuilding cost calculation service for certainty
- Minimum Premium: varies according to risk profile:- from £1,000 for risks without regular dance floors, dj’s and door staff; £5,000 for genuine nightclubs.
File Size: 2MB